Palestinian minister of interior Fathi Hammad said the current closure of Rafah border crossing has made the humanitarian situation in Gaza worsen, especially after the Egyptian authorities destroyed the tunnels there.
In a press release on Monday, Hammad appealed to Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi to take urgent action to open Rafah crossing in both directions to save the humanitarian situation in Gaza.
"We had been suffering from the injustice of Mubarak regime which was an accomplice in the blockade on Gaza through the repeated closure of the crossing, so why do we still suffer today in the era of revolutionary and democratic Egypt?" the interior minister emphasized.
In this regard, spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt Mahmoud Ghazlan said that his organization would never accept any measure to tighten the blockade on Gaza and stressed the need for not hastening to punish Gaza people for a crime committed by other misguided groups.
Commenting on the Egyptian campaign against Rafah tunnels, Ghazlan told Quds Press on Sunday that the Palestinian people in Gaza must not be punished for an act perpetrated by misguided people mostly from the Sinai.
"We will not besiege Gaza people; they are our brothers and our relations with them are excellent and we should never blame them for an act done by a terrorist group," the spokesman stressed.
"There are high-level contacts between us and the officials in Gaza to contain the implications of this terrorist attack," he said.