Gaza-Interior Ministry
Palestinian Ministry of Interiorconfirmed that "the Egyptian side told them on Wednesday evening to open the crossing for travelers 3 days in a week."
The Ministry said in a brief statement published on the Interior Ministry website that the three days allocated for humanitarian cases only in the next week, pointing out that the days are Saturday , Monday and Wednesday of each week.
"The Egyptian decision came to open the crossing 3 days in a week for humanitarian cases because of the security operation in the Sinai ,which considered a closed military area." , it added
The Ministry reported that the Egyptian leadership responded to the calls and pressure of the Palestinian leadership of the need to open the Rafah crossing.
The interior ministry has confirmed earlier in a statement on Saturday that the Egyptian side will open the Rafah crossing on all weekdays.
In this context , Interior Ministry website met with Mr. Islam Shahawan , Spokesman of the Ministry of Interior , who confirmed, that theEgyptian decision comes after the previous mechanism taken by the Egyptian side to work within Rafah crossing only three days a week in both direction, pointing to the increase of travelers number during the present time into 1000 travelers ,including all cases " patients, owners of residences, and others " .
Shahwan said that this mechanism is not new , that it was applied before ,noting that the crossing work well be from 10 am - 6 pm according to the local time of Gaza strip, appreciating the role of Egyptian side to understand the suffering of Palestinian people in the strip.
He continued that the Rafah crossing is the only outlet for Palestinian people who live under the Israeli occupation five years ago.
He showed that there is an agreement between Egypt led by Mohammed Mursi , and Palestinian Prime Minister, Dr. Ismaeli Hanyeh, in order to open the Rafah crossing only .
Followed…..