Rescue teams managed to save a Palestinian worker while three others went missing when the tunnel they were digging underneath the Gaza-Egypt borders collapsed on their head in Rafah on Saturday evening.
Security sources told the PIC reporter that civil defense brigades and medical teams rushed to the scene south of Rafah and retrieved one badly hurt worker.
They said that the rescue teams were looking for three other workers who were still missing in the tunnel collapse.
More than 200 Palestinians were killed and 800 others were wounded in similar incidents since the Israeli blockade was imposed on Gaza Strip in 2006. Tunnels have been increasingly the main source of basic supplies to the besieged enclave since then.