Gaza premier Ismail Haneyya left the Gaza Strip on Thursday morning on a visit to Qatar via the Rafah border terminal for a meeting with Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Taher Al-Nunu, the government’s spokesman, said that Haneyya’s discussion in Qatar would focus on two important topics especially the call by its Emir for the convening of a mini Arab summit in Cairo to push forward the Palestinian reconciliation.
Nunu said that the first topic would be the reconstruction of Gaza Strip and the projects sponsored by Qatar in this regard, which had already begun.
The spokesman noted that the second issue would be the proposed Qatari summit, which Fatah and the PA leadership had rejected because it included inviting Hamas to attend the summit, which the PA considered an infringement on its sole official Palestinian representation.